January 20th & 22nd
The Power to Change
Luke 17:12; Isaiah 43:18; Proverbs 4:25-27
Our goal today is to move today from belief to behavior.
What are the warning signs of moving backwards?
- I stop working on it.
- I go back to the place of temptation.
- I give in to my flesh.
Why do we fall back?
- We try to do it on our own. Galatians 3:3; Matthew 19:26
- We try to overcome without other people. Ecclesiastes 4:10
- We become prideful. Proverbs 16:18; 1 Corinthians 10:12
Remember this: Your greatest weakness is often an unguarded strength.
How do I keep my strength? Mark 14:38
Four daily habits we need to have:
- Set aside daily time for evaluation. Galatians 6:4; Mark 1:35
- Build Bible truths into our lives. Hebrews 4:12
The purpose of Scripture is not to give you an Education, but it is Transformation.
- Talk to God throughout your day. Colossians 4:2
- Connect with a life group. Hebrews 3:13