Welcome to Startown Kids
Kindergarten - 5th Grade Children's Ministry
Visiting for the First time?
- New Hope Campus- When you come through the front doors, make your way to the end of the lobby and you will see our Registration Desk in the corner. Our volunteers will be excited to welcome you, get your child registered and show your family around.
- Fairview Campus- When you drive into our parking lot, you will see two buildings. The brick building is our Preschool and Children’s Ministry Building. Just inside you will see our Registration Desk on the right. There, our volunteers will welcome you, register any children from your family and answer any questions you have.
- Registration- For safety, our registration volunteers will ask the following questions about each child: Parent(s) name(s), Address, Home/Cell Number, Email Address, Child’s name, Age, Grade, Birthday, and Allergies.
Partnering with Parents is Important to Us
Children are so important to us that we have taken a lot of time to evaluate the best way to teach and nurture them. Our goal is to make church the best hour of every kid’s week, and we have created an environment that does that. The vision of our children’s ministry is to introduce children to Jesus and lead them into a growing relationship with Him. We do this through Worship, Bible Stories, Games and Activities that relate to those stories, and developing meaningful relationships with our small group leaders.
Knowing that we can’t possibly teach kids all they need to know about God in one hour a week, we want to partner with parents to make sure that together kids are getting absolutely everything that we can offer. We believe that what happens at home is more important than what happens at church, and we want to be a resource to help you.
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
Come by the registration desk at either campus and our volunteers will happily put you in touch with the person who can help you find a place to serve in our ministry, or email us or message us on Facebook, below.
Startown Kids had an awesome camp experience this summer at South Mountain Baptist Camp! July 27-31, 2020 The cost for camp is $250.00
Current 1st-5th Graders, join us for the BEST WEEK OF SUMMER!
Why should I send my child to summer camp?
Overnight camps are not just an opportunity for kids to get away. It’s an event that makes a huge impact for a child to experience life and God on their own in a safe place. It allows them to take the first steps of independence in a place where they are learning and discovering who God is and who He created them to be.
As they get older and think about the experience they will remember…
- That week when he was “on his own.” And it was all ok.
- That week when God made sense for the first time. And it was all ok.
- That week when life was fun and made up of dancing and laughing and screaming out loud. And it was all ok.
They live and learn the 3 basic truths we focus on every week in Startown:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I can trust God no matter what.
Faith becomes personal and is a part of their story!
Scholarship request can be made to made to Leanne and will be given based on need and the scholarship funds donated. For questions please contact Leanne Fontenot: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-823-1600 ext 105