We can have hope this Sunday morning because God is preparing us for eternity.
He’s using everything in our lives — the good, the bad and the ugly — to do so. Once you understand this, life begins to make sense. You stop saying, “Lord, why is this happening?” because you know why: He’s preparing you for eternity.
The Bible says, “So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold — though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world” (1 Peter 1:6-7).
Those verses describe three truths about problems that are the same today as they were in in Peter’s day.
• Problems are necessary. They are an indispensable part of preparing you for Heaven.
• They are varied. You’ll experience trials of all different shapes, sizes, and levels of intensity.
• They are temporary. They won’t last forever. But God is using those trials for his purposes.
This passage also describes three results of trials in your life.
• They test your faith. You build muscles by testing them. The same is true with your faith.
• They purify your motives. God is much more interested in your character than your comfort. He’ll use trials to refine your character.
• They prepare you for your rewards. The trials you’re going through now don’t compare to the rewards of Heaven.
Sure, the troubles you’re experiencing now aren’t fun. But the Bible makes it clear they are good for you. They’ll make your faith stronger and your character godlier, and they’ll get you ready for future rewards.
Tammy and I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU THIS MORNING- THE MESSAGE TODAY WILL BE FOR YOU!
We love YOU!
Pastor Dickie and Tammy