For the protection of our children and our volunteers, it is important to follow these procedures when taking kids to the restroom.
- A volunteer is never allowed in a bathroom alone with a child.
- Assist children with their clothing in the open doorway before they go into the bathroom.
- Encourage children to do as much of this for themselves as possible.
- Please stand with your foot in the door to monitor the needs of the child.
- If you have an emergency situation where a child is sick or needs your assistance, please prop open the bathroom door and ask another volunteer to assist you.